As you begin your research, consider taking the following steps.
1. Create a research question or thesis statement.
2. Create a list of search terms (also known as keywords) that will assist you in finding information about your question or statement.
3. Identify the types of periodicals (newspaper, magazine and peer review articles) and other sources you need for the assignment.
4. Select and search in OneSearch for books and in appropriate subscription databases for articles.
5. Cite your sources in MLA Citation Style.