Skip to Main Content
Outreach Librarian, Liason to Geography and Recreation & Tourism Management Departments
Recommended Academic Journals
Watch this video to learn how to navigate OneSearch to find materials available through the University Library.
To get fewer results, narrow your search.
- Search fewer sources, one top journal at a time.
- Use narrower, more specific concepts or aspects of your original topic.
- restaurant => "fast casual"
- " " Use quotation marks to find exact phrases, when you need words next to each other in precise sequence to have the meaning you intend.
- "michelin star"
- "all inclusive"
- Add more concepts to your search. Consider the who, what, when, where, why, and how.
To get more results, broaden your search.
- Use fewer search terms. Look for words not unique to your topic that you could cut from your search string.
- OR Use OR to link synonyms, so you get articles where the authors used other terms to describe the same concept.
- (alcohol OR liquor)
- (restaurant OR dining)
- * Use an asterisk to find articles using any of the variants of the same root word.
- touris* = tourist, tourists, tourism
- Use more inclusive search terms.
- Bigger locations - too few results from los angeles, try california
- More general terms - too few results from coachella, try music festival
Report ADA Problems with Library Services and Resources